Direct Payments
Support Service

We provide support and advice to people who receive Direct Payments from Halton Borough Council. Direct Payments are payments made to individuals who have been assed as eligible to receive social care or support. The money received by Direct Payment could be used to pay for any services or support that meet the persons needs and choices. If you are not eligible for Direct Payments, we do offer all the same services which you are able to self-fund.

If you qualify for help with your care needs from Halton Borough Council you can request Direct Payments, giving you more control and choice over how you live your life and your care services.

As part of your Direct Payment budget, you will receive a payment for all or some of the costs for a support agency to help you manage your Direct Payment. Halton Disability Partnership is an approved agency

A Personal Budget is a clear, upfront allocation of funding to enable you to make informed choices about how best to meet your agreed outcomes.

A Direct Payment is a cash amount you can use to purchase your own care and support. You can choose to have all or part of your Personal Budget as a Direct Payment.

Anyone who uses or is eligible for a Personal Budget from Halton Borough Council Adult Social Care can access Direct Payments to meet their needs. This includes:

  • People with Physical Disabilities
  • People with Learning Disabilities
  • People with HIV/AIDS
  • People with Mental Health problems
  • People with Sensory Impairment
  • Older People

No. This is not your personal income so won’t affect your benefits or finances.

  • To employ a carer or Personal Assistant who can support you with things like having a bath, washing or getting dressed, cooking and eating
  • To support you to stay in your own home
  • To purchase Assistive Technology
  • To pay for services that help you meet your outcomes as agreed in your support plan

If you have a Care Manager (social worker), they can tell you more about Personal Budgets. If you do not have a Care Manager please call Halton Borough Council Contact Centre on 0303 333 4300 and request an Adult Social Care Assessment. If you are eligible for support, your Care Manager will take you through the next steps towards receiving a Personal Budget.

We are here for you!

If you would like any further information about any of our services or advice please call us now on: 01928 248937

Would you like to be a
Personal Assistant?

Personal Assistant (PA) roles are varied,
challenging, and rewarding. Every day is different,
but you will always be supporting your client, a
disabled person, to lead the life that they choose.

FormCraft - WordPress form builder